The Distinctive Blue Bellus Medical SkinPen® Is A Safe, Effective Vertical Microneedling Device On The Medical Aesthetics Market.
Find out more about SkinPen®
Microneedling with SkinPen® can help to improve your skins appearance, making it the market standard. How do you know if SkinPen® is right for you?
If you’re searching for:
- A procedure that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and smooth wrinkles, SkinPen® may be used on all skin types.
- A safe solution with little recovery time.
- Results from a minimally-invasive procedure
- A procedure for ongoing maintenance of healthy skin.
If that sounds like you, the search is over.
The Advantages Of Your SkinPen® Microneedling Procedure Include:
- SkinPen® microneedling is minimally invasive and a quick procedure, performed in-office
- Little recovery downtime makes SkinPen® ideal for a busy lifestyle, and a great place to start for aesthetic procedures.
- Support of healthy skin. Skinfuse® post-procedure protocol by Bellus Medical, ensures you receive all the right vitamins and minerals to your skin, with none of the wrong ingredients.
- Results are generated from your own skin’s natural collagen remodeling and elastin.
- SkinPen® may be used on all skin types.
- Ideal for assisting in reducing the signs of aging.
- A versatile, precision design for use on most all parts of the body including face, neck, and décolletage.
FAQs About SkinPen® Microneedling
- WHAT IS SKINPEN?
SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is a non-surgical, aesthetic microneedling device for the creation of “micro” skin punctures to improve the appearance of the skin. SkinPen® is an automated microneedling technology device designed for use by medical professionals only. It is the only U.S. engineered and manufactured microneedling pen on the market, with patent-pending, medical grade stainless steel needle cartridge. It is a disposable cartridge with a lock out mechanism ensuring single use only.
- HOW DOES SKINPEN WORK?
SkinPen works by creating a series of hundreds of microscopic channels into the dermis to stimulate the skin’s natural production of new collagen and elastin, helping skin to look and feel healthier. SkinPen® needles cycle at 100+ stamps/second, potentially creating 1600+ microchannels/second when moving the skin pen.
- WHO IS A CANDIDATE?
One of the most exciting things about SkinPen® microneedling is that it can be used on all types of skin, on all skin colors. Talk to your SkinPen® provider to discuss your specific needs.
- IS MICRONEEDLING WITH SKINPEN ONLY USED ON THE FACE?
SkinPen’s variable needle depth allows for maximum versatility, making it safe and effective to use on many parts of the body, including the face, neck and décolletage. Talk to your SkinPen® provider to discuss your specific needs.
- DOES THE PROCEDURE HURT?
Most SkinPen® providers apply a topical anesthetic to the skin prior to the procedure. This allows for a relatively pain-free experience. Ask your skincare professional what they do to ensure patient comfort during the microneedling procedure.
- WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME AND WHAT SIDE EFFECTS SHOULD I EXPECT?
The total healing time depends on each individual patient. Most patients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild sunburn) for two-to-four days. Some patients may heal completely in 24 hours.
- WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Patients may notice healthier looking skin immediately. However, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress through the course of several weeks. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to six months following your final session. *Individual results will vary.
- HOW MANY PROCEDURES ARE RECOMMENDED?
The number of procedures required will be determined by your skincare professional based upon your individual procedure goals and the overall health of your skin. Most patients receive a series of three procedures spaced about four weeks apart. Your provider will develop a procedure and maintenance plan specific to you to help maintain the rejuvenating effects.
- DO I HAVE TO USE A CERTAIN PRODUCT LINE WITH SKINPEN?
We recommend using the Bellus Medical Skinfuse post-procedure protocol. Skinfuse is an easy-to-use skin care regimen specifically formulated to help boost the cell renewal process. The 90-day protocol increases the opportunity for optimal results and healthy, beautiful skin post a microneedling procedure by:
- Omitting common skincare ingredients known to increase the risk of inflammation or hinder the remodeling process.
- Delivering essential nutrients required to support skin remodeling.
- Relying less on harsh synthetics and more on plant based, naturally clean ingredients.
- Maintaining skin moisture and homeostasis.
Please consult your skincare professional on which products will best fit your maintenance plan.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
SkinPen® procedures are beneficial to assist in reducing the signs of aging, improving the appearance of stretch marks and/or acne scars, as well as to rejuvenate aging skin.
The Benefits Of Your SkinPen® Microneedling Procedure Include:
- Minimally invasive procedure performed in-office with little, to no recovery time
- Noticeable results in less than a day
- Safe for all skin types, light to dark
- Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and décolletage
- Post-procedure protocol for optimal results
- CAN I WEAR MAKEUP IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A PROCEDURE?
Patients typically can resume their normal makeup regimen two to three days following the SkinPen® procedure, depending on the area and type of procedure performed.
- CAN I GET A SKINPEN PROCEDURE IF I’M PREGNANT?
SkinPen® is not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
- IS THERE ANYONE WHO SHOULD NOT USE SKINPEN?
As with any procedure, patients should take precaution when determining whether the SkinPen® procedure is right for them. Consult your provider to discuss whether SkinPen® is right for you.