Thermage is a noninvasive skin tightening treatment. It uses radiofrequency to stimulate collagen growth in the deep layers of your skin. Collagen is the natural agent responsible for the tightness and vitality we all envy in youthful skin. The procedure does not harm the surface of the skin, in fact there is no down time and no restriction on what you can do after treatment.
This treatment has proven to be highly effective for treating areas on your face, neck, body, arms, legs, abdomen, and buttocks. Some results are visible immediately, others can take up to six months to fully materialize.
- Tighten wrinkles or uneven skin
- Add definition around the eyes, jaw, and neckline
- Flatten unsightly bulges
What to expect:
Thermage is practically painless. Most people notice some heat during the process, but rarely do they feel any discomfort. Treatment varies depending on the area of the body, but the general process is the same. If we are treating the wrinkles around your eyes, we provide an eye-safety shield that functions a little bit like a contact lens. We then calibrate the machine and move the wand across the unwanted wrinkles. The whole process takes about 45 minutes but can take as long as 90 min for larger areas. When we’ve finished, you’re ready to get back to work.
Thermage stimulates the natural process of your skin to clean up, clear away, and tighten. You may notice some initial improvements. But it can take a few weeks for the collagen matrix to reassemble, and then you’ll really begin to notice a difference.
Normally one treatment is all you need to achieve your desired results. However, if you are hoping for an even deeper tightening, a second treatment can be performed, but not for six months so that your skin has time to complete the full process.
Thermage® is an ideal treatment for:
• The Eyes – hooding, fine lines and even our brow line can make us look worn down. Thermage treats the upper and lower eyelids to help you look more youthful and rested.
• The Face – as we age, phrases like “turkey neck”, loose jowls, sagging skin and “what happened to my jawline?” creep in. Thermage smooths lines and wrinkles and remodels collagen for the overall health of the skin
• The Body – aging doesn’t just affect the skin on our faces, our bodies see the effects too, with crepey, sagging skin and unwanted bulges and dimples. Thermage is a noninvasive way to smooth the skin on our bodies and even temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite.