Many people find getting rid of stubborn fat frustrating, especially when they exercise regularly and have a good diet. However, not everyone wants to undergo invasive liposuction treatments that can have significant downtime for healing. For those who need something non-invasive, CoolSculpting might be the answer.
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive, fat-freezing procedure that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that seems to resist diet and exercise. It’s the only FDA-cleared non-surgical fat-reduction treatment of its kind.
Who Shouldn’t Get CoolSculpting?
People seeking weight loss treatment should not get CoolSculpting as it’s not a weight loss surgery. Some medical conditions will also exclude you from receiving this treatment. Those with the conditions below are ineligible:
- Cryoglobulinemia- people with this condition experience a thickening of the proteins in their blood when exposed to cold temparatures, making treatment very dangerous
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria- changes from a cold temperature to a warm temperature can result in red blood cell death, also making treatment very dangerous
- Cold agglutinin disease- an autoimmune disease in which exposure to cold temperatures also leads to red blood cell death
- Known sensitivities to cold, such as cold urticaria or Raynaud’s disease
- Known sensitivities or allergies to isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, fructose and glycerin
- Poor circulation to the areas being treated
- Impaired skin sensation
- Open or infected wounds
- Bleeding disorders
- Use of blood thinners
- Recent surgery or scar tissue on the area being treated
- Skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis or rashes on or around the area being treated
- Pacemakers, defibrillators or other active implanted devices
- Hernias in or around the area being treated
If you’re a good candidate for it, CoolSculpting has some amazing benefits. With no incisions thanks to its noninvasive nature, there’s no scarring after treatment. Fat cells frozen by this treatment never return because the body eliminates them. There’s also no required rest or recovery time with results showing in as little as a few weeks. Speak with a dermatologist and see if CoolSculpting is right for you.